Thursday, February 23, 2012

Paul Fox Portfolio Assessment


This blog has become my go to place for posting anything and everything related to graphic design or school. One of my assignments to complete my degree is to review and assess other web portfolios. The first site I thought of was Paul Fox Design. I stumbled upon the Paul Fox Design / Paul Fox Photography portfolio sites (http://www.paulfoxdesign.co.uk/) some time ago, and while the content did not impress me, the site design did. I’m not saying that his content isn’t worth while; it’s just very similar to every other professional out there. The site design, however really caught my eye due to its simplicity. The limited color and graphical elements were brilliant because your focus is quickly drawn to the most important aspect of a portfolio site – the samples. This site made me completely re-think my own, and that is one thing good design is supposed to do.

While I thought the over all site was wonderful, I did have a couple of complaints. I didn’t like the fact that I could not click on any of the images for further information or functionality. I also didn’t like the fact that Paul Fox Design and Paul Fox Photography were completely separate sites; I consider design and photography to go hand in hand. Other than these little complaints, I feel these are superbly designed sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment